- Posted November 30, 2010 by Mark Jaquith. Filed under Releases,Security.
- WordPress 3.0.2 is available and is a mandatory security update for all previous WordPress versions. Haiku has become traditional:
- Fixed on day zero
- One-click update makes you safe
- This used to be hard
- This maintenance release fixes a moderate security issue that could allow a malicious Author-level user to gain further access to the site, addresses a handful of bugs, and provides some additional security enhancements. Big thanks to Vladimir Kolesnikov for detailed and responsible disclosure of the security issue!
- Download 3.0.2 or update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area. You should update immediately even if you do not have untrusted users.